It’s never too early to start taking advantage of the benefits of retirement planning. As a business owner, a retirement plan allows you to invest now for financial security when you and your employees retire. As a bonus, you and your employees can receive significant tax advantages and other incentives. Consider the following benefits of setting up a retirement plan:
Sexual harassment is a form of unlawful sex discrimination that can occur in a variety of circumstances. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute sexual harassment when this conduct:
- Employer contributions are tax-deductible.
- Assets in the plan grow tax-free.
- Flexible plan options are available.
- Tax credits and other incentives for starting a plan may reduce costs.
- A retirement plan can attract and retain better employees, reducing new employee training costs.
- Employee contributions can reduce current taxable income.
- Contributions and investment gains are typically not taxed until distributed.
- Contributions are easy to make through payroll deductions.
- Compounding interest over time allows small regular contributions to grow to significant retirement savings.
- Retirement assets can be carried from one employer to another.
- A special tax credit known as the Saver’s Credit” may be available.
- The employee has an opportunity to improve financial security in retirement.
Retirement Plan Resources from the IRS
The Small Business Retirement Plan Resources provided by the Internal Revenue Service include helpful information for choosing, operating, and maintaining your retirement plan. Here is a list of resources to help you get started:
- Types of Plans – Starting and maintaining specific types of retirement plans
- Publication 560 – Retirement Plans for Small Business (SEP, SIMPLE, and Qualified Plans)
- Publication 3998 – Choosing a Retirement Solution for Your Small Business
- Publication 4222 – 401(k) Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4333 – SEP Retirement Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4334 – SIMPLE IRA Plans for Small Businesses
- Publication 4587 – Payroll Deduction IRAs for Small Businesses